Effective Date: 04/10/2015
Maryland Trust Title & Escow, LLC
Maryland Trust Title & Escrow, LLC (“MTTE”) respects the privacy and security of your non-public personal information (“Personal Information”) and protecting your Personal Information is one of our top priorities. This Privacy Statement explains MTTE’s privacy practices, including how we use the Personal Information we receive from you and from other specified sources, and to whom it may be disclosed. MTTE follows the privacy practices described in this Privacy Statement and, depending on the business performed, MTTE may share information as described herein.
Personal Information Collected
We may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you on title requests, contracts or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, tax identification number, asset information, and income information;
• Information we receive from the closing documents provided by your lender in connection with settlement, such as your name, address, social security number and email address;
• Information received from you or your real estate agent pertaining to outstanding loans, payment information, delinquencies, homeowners association dues, forwarding address, social security number, e-mail address, information about your home or other real property, information from lenders and other third parties involved in such transactions, account balances, and credit card information; and
• Information we receive from consumer or other reporting agencies and publicly recorded documents.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may provide your Personal Information (excluding information we receive from consumer or other credit reporting agencies) to various individuals and companies, as permitted by law, without obtaining your prior authorization. Such laws do not allow consumers to restrict these disclosures. Disclosures may include, without limitation, the following:
• To insurance agents, brokers, representatives, support organizations, or others to provide you with services you have requested, and to enable us to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, material misrepresentation, or nondisclosure in connection with an insurance transaction;
• To third-party contractors or service providers for the purpose of determining your eligibility for an insurance benefit or payment and/or providing you with services you have requested;
• To an insurance regulatory authority, or a law enforcement or other governmental authority, in a civil action, in connection with a subpoena or a governmental investigation;
• To companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements; and/or
• To lenders, lien holders, judgment creditors, or other parties claiming an encumbrance or an interest in title whose claim or interest must be determined, settled, paid or released prior to a title or escrow closing.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to others when we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or to protect the safety of our customers, employees, or property and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.